Weebly Help Center's Beginner's Guide: First Steps
- Click on the Weebly Help Center link above and or click above to go to the Beginner's Guide: First Steps
- Select your theme
- Give your site a title
- Select the free option within the Weebly domain (unless you want to purchase an account). You can always purchase your account later if you feel this is a tool you want access to in the future. The free account does have limitations, but it will give you an idea of how Weebly works.
First Elements: Adding Text to Your Site
- For the most part, you will use Title, Text, and Image+Text options.
- Title: Used for adding titles / headers to a page.
- Text: The basic element for adding paragraphs, sentences, words, letters, and other text.
- Image + Text: A text element with a place for text built right in.
- You simply drag and drop your choice from the BASIC menu icons onto the main section of the screen.
- You can upload your images, edit text, change images, text, etc. at any time.
- Each section of text or text with image will be a separate "box". You can click on the x at the right of the box to delete.
- Almost all editing can be done with these simple tools.
- Suggestion: Have your images ready to go in a folder so you can easily locate them on your computer. Make sure they are jpg, gif, or png files. Use a photo editor to size or edit prior to posting - or simply size on the screen.
- Keep it simple.
Creating More Pages for your Site
- You will to create the following pages: Home Page (Your opening page, Tutorial Page, Presentation Page, and Needs Assessment/Technology Skills page
- The free version of Weebly only allows 5 questions to a survey, so you will want to divide your 10 question survey into 2 pages.
- If you want your image to appear larger, select the Image icon only and add your text via a text box only.